Celebrities

Mislabeled Pills containing Fentanyl found at Prince’s Estate

A source close to the investigation has disclosed to the AP that investigators found pills in an Aleve bottle that were falsely labeled as “Watson 385” a common marking for pills that contain acetaminophen and hydrocodone .However the AP reports that atleast one of the pills tested positive for fentanyl.

Prince 1

The revelation gives more insight into what may have caused Prince’s overdose. There are two likely possibilities: Either a pharmaceutical manufacturer mislabeled the pills, or the pills were illegally manufactured and obtained illegally.

However, according to the Star Tribune, investigators are working under the theory that the pop star did not know the pills contained fentanyl.  The 57 year old singer died on April 21 from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, according to the Medical Examiner.
If the manufacturer mislabeled the pills, there would have likely been a recall as fentanyl is an extremely potent opioid medication and a controlled substance. It would be a serious health hazard if a batch was mislabeled and given to the public.
Fentanyl according to medical professonals is 50 times more potent than heroin and up to 100 times more potent than morphine.
Investigators have not said whether Prince ingested those pills or whether he knew the pills contained fentanyl.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
Scroll Up